GroupM is now looking for a Market Sox and Compliance lead. You will be reporting to our Nordic CFO, placed in Denmark. Since the role includes travelling to all Nordic contries, you can be based anywhere in the Nordics.
Company: GroupM Denmark
Country: Nordics including Denmark, Sweden, Norway and Finland
Travel: approximately – 60% in the Nordics
Salary range: Competitive
Reporting to: GroupM CFO Denmark and EMEA Risk and Compliance Director
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVE:
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Risk and Compliance professional to lead SOX and Compliance in the markets. This is a challenging role with multiple deliverables and priorities which requires fast learning capabilities. The role involves liaising with a wide range of stakeholders across the Group, working with SOX, IA and external auditors, driving issue resolution and working closely with the wider Compliance, Finance and other teams.
Ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment and work cross-functionally with multiple geographies, functions, and employees of diverse backgrounds. Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and a collaborative team-oriented, problem solving approach are critical.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as an adviser within the business covering Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) as well as internal policy requirements.
- Promote compliance through training in the Nordics.
- Assist local teams with SOX compliance documentation, self-certification and audit coordination.
- Participate in audit closing meetings, work on management response and remediation action plan.
- Drive issue resolution across the Nordics and ensure that each market is aligned on the approach.
- Ensure that internal controls, processes and systems are in compliance with local laws and regulations, group internal procedures and client contract requirements.
- Supervise the delivery of compliance procedures for the Nordics.
- Think strategically about our business, review operational processes and procedures and suggest improvements.
- Be an expert in existing risk and compliance systems and tools and provide support to process owners in the Nordics.
- Assist regional management in ad hoc activities in relation to SOX and compliance in the market.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- ACA/CA/ACCA qualified with a minimum of 5 years of experience (industry or consulting experience in ethics and compliance, business process improvement, risk management, or internal audit) at a multinational company;
- Experience in media and advertising with knowledge of core business processes is a plus;
- Ability to find innovative solutions to control, process and systems issues
- Self-starter with a high degree of professional ethics;
- Strong analytical capabilities and attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- MS Office and system savvy;
- Fluent English written and spoken is essential.
- Qualifications such as cand.merc.aud or the like are a plus.
Send your application and Curriculum Vitae as soon as possible via the link at the top of this page. We only accept applications through Jobvite. We will look through applications continuously. *******************
- GroupM is the leading global media investment management company for WPP’s media agencies including Mindshare, MediaCom, Wavemaker, Essence and m/SIX, and the outcomes-driven programmatic audience company, Xaxis. Responsible for more than US $113B in annual media investment by some of the world’s largest advertisers, GroupM agencies deliver an advantage to clients with unrivalled insights into media marketplaces and consumer audiences. GroupM enables its agencies and clients with trading expertise, data, technology and an array of specialty services including addressable TV, content and sports. GroupM works closely with WPP’s data investment management group, Kantar, and together they account for almost 50% of WPP’s group revenues of more than US $19B. GroupM delivers unrivalled marketplace advantage to its clients, stakeholders and people. Discover more at groupm.com.
- WPP is the world’s largest communications services group with billings of US$71.7 billion and revenues of over US$19 billion. Through its operating companies, the Group provides a comprehensive range of advertising and marketing services including advertising & media investment management; data investment management; public relations & public affairs; branding & identity; healthcare communications; digital, eCommerce and shopper marketing and specialist communications. The company employs over 130,000 people across 112 countries. For more information, visit wpp.com